Why is the Divi WordPress Theme so good?
There are thousands and thousands of WordPress themes available to you as a company or developer. But Elegant Themes has done a great job developing a very versatile theme called Divi which allows dynamic content creation and manipulation of images and other content.
Keegan Lanier of Keegan Lanier Media joins me to discuss WordPress, the history of Divi, and what’s on the horizon for our favorite way to build a website.
Interested in trying Divi? Head over to the Elegant Themes site.
Discussing Divi with Keegan Lanier
What is Divi?
WordPress themes are an easy way to change the look and function of a website. Laying new themes and layouts over the top of existing content can drastically improve how a site looks and feels, reacts to mobile devices and works on certain servers.
The Divi theme has been available for about five years now, and we are right on the verge of version 4.0 being released on October 17th. Over the last few years it has made great strides in how site content is created, edited and displayed with it’s classic back end builder and now the visual builder, which essentially lets the user drag and drop content where it needs to be seen.
The Visual Builder
At the core of Divi 3.0 is the visual builder. It’s a way to build and edit the website “live,” as you see it in the browser. Images can be resized, text can be edited/added, column sizes can be increased and decreased with changes in padding. Just about anything you would like to do to a website can be done visually.
What’s Coming In 4.0?
- Better header/footer creation
- Woocommerce and other major plugin layouts and implementation across the platform
- Theme Builder, which in addition to the Woocommerce info above, can be used across the site to quickly change how multiple pages look and work, making redesigns much easier and faster.
- Global defaults to change how a button and other modules look on many, or even EVERY page.
- Dynamic content. Have great content and data in a database or another site? Put it in your Divi site with just a few clicks. This has been available for nearly a year, but 4.0 will make it extremely useful.
Both Keegan and I, along with thousands of other Divi fans, are patiently awaiting the new Divi launch. Keep in touch by listening to the BeBizzy Break Podcast, and also the Divi Addicts podcast hosted by Keegan. I’m sure we will post the good, and probably a little bad, when it launches and as it progresses.